Today I am sharing an odd, but good green smoothie recipe with y’all that my mom shared with me :’) At first I wasn’t sure how I felt because it’s a little crunchy due to the fact that there is kale and spinach in it, but it has a sweet taste to it as well. My tastebuds were just a little confused for a minute. I like it and it’s healthy!
- Light vanilla yogurt
- First, you’ll take one cup of kale and a handful of spinach and throw it in the blender.
- Second, you’ll need one banana and about 1/2-1 cup of vanilla yogurt- your choice!
- Third, you will take a spoonful of applesauce and toss it in the blender with all the other ingredients.
- I would add a little milk if you want it a bit creamier!
That’s it……. it’s that easy.. that’s why I love smoothies because it’s so easy, they’re delicious, and good for you!
Today I was really proud of myself. I work at Starbucks, so I’m on my feet/running around my entire shift. I worked 530AM-2PM today and after that I went to the gym for a half hour!
- Ran one mile
- Strength training for 15 minutes
But that’s not all, after that I came home and practiced yoga for a half hour! I caught up on some homework and in about 24 hours and 41 minutes I will be on spring break! It’s much needed.
As far as my food log goes for the day, overall, I think I did pretty well! Aside from the vanilla wafers (they’re better than a Reeses cup!) and probably my bologna sandwich -_- but I’m just trying to finish up what my mom bought me so I don’t waste it… it sounds like an excuse.. and it probably is kind of, but I really don’t want to waste it!
If you have a spring break coming up or just enjoying the weather: do you have any special plans?!