Okay, so the other day I was doing what I do best, which is sitting in bed and browsing pinterest. I stumbled upon this really EASY and HEALTHY recipe. I know, right? We all love when that happens. I’ve honestly been craving it.. but I’ve been too lazy to make quinoa… which is sadly, the easiest thing in the world.. I just hate waiting for water to boil…
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado
- garlic powder, salt, pepper
- First, follow the directions and make the quinoa. I can’t remember how much water is necessary, but it says it! It takes about 25 minutes and there basically shouldn’t be any water left once its finished.
- While the quinoa is doing its thing, now is a great time to peel your avocado.
3. To make my life a little bit easier, I mashed the avocado in a bowl in advance with a fork.
4. Once the quinoa is done, add in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper to your liking.
5. Mash in the avocado and mix around till the quinoa is covered in avocado.
It’s literally that easy!
I added parmesan cheese on top of mine for additional flavor! Ugh. I loved this recipe so much. It’s safe to say this was better than the quinoa salad I made that one time….
If you missed my last post: cauliflower alfredo recipe!
Adapted from SouthernInLaw!
I hope everyone has a fun and special Valentine’s Day weekend!