Hi!!!! I hope everyone had a really nice holiday. This is the second time I’m writing this post because my first post was deleted -_-
Anyway, last week I was struck with food poisoning… or some kind of wretched stomach sickness. I lost four pounds because it.. So my new favorite diet is being sick!
After being sick for a few days, I really wanted something refreshing and I had been eyeing this quinoa avocado salad for months. I’ve never tried quinoa before and I figured Sunday was the day!
Before I give you this recipe, I want to be completely honest and upfront with you: I’m not sure how I felt about this salad, it was kind of strange, but it was also good. It was probably because of the tomatoes, like I’ve said before… I’m weird about tomatoes.
My sister said it was really good though!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup of quinoa
3 ounces of spinach
8 ounces of cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons red vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1) cook the quinoa (as the instructions follow)
2) while the quinoa is cooking, which takes about 25 minutes, now would be the appropriate time to half the tomatoes and cut the spinach…. I just ripped the spinach because you can do whatever you want!
3) Next, you’re going to cut the avocado into cute little cubes and at first I was like “how do I cut this into cubes” but it’s the EASIEST thing. Once you cut the avocado in half, you are able to peel the avocado like an orange!!! I was pretty mind blown because I generally eat avocados plain and scoop it out like ice cream.
Ta-da!! It looks like a lime…
4) the quinoa should be done… The water will have been absorbed and that’s how you know. Make the dressing!
It’s super easy, just take the ingredients as I listed above and whisk them in a small bowl!
5) In a larger bowl, add the spinach and quinoa and mix it together!
6) Then add in the tomatoes and dressing and continue mixing it together.
7) Finally, add your avocados! I freaking love avocado.
Mix it up a little more and enjoy! I hope you like this and if you don’t.. Hey! At least you tried. I also ate this when I was sick so that may have something to do with it. I have leftovers and I’m well again so I’m going to taste it again!